Sunday, September 23, 2012

UNO MAS!!!

...is what I say whenever a session is winding down. If your a skateboarder that loves to learn new tricks, you know what I'm talkin about. Your also probably a perfectionist and can't settle for a sketchy landing where you tick tack out or highfive the pavement. That is, unless you've been trying to land that peticular trick for hour or so. I've also noticed that the longer it takes me to roll away from something, the more I talk to myself out loud. Things like "Aight here we go" or "u got this" start to turn into "the fuck is wrong with you?" and "Stop bein a pussy and commit to this shit!!!" If im lucky, I will eventually commit to that shit, land it, roll away, and feel a sence of accomplishment that far surpasses anything that I've ever felt before, especially if the trick is something that I've never landed and beat the shit out of me in the process. That feeling of working so hard at something and finally having it pay off is so addicting. I cant stop. I love it. So much. It is my life.

Soooooo heeere we go again. More art, skateboarding, and music.

To start things off, I got some mo' boards i dot. My buddy Antheny is a huge fan of the Boondock Saints and he asked me if I could dot them on his board. I said chea, but was a little intimidated to try to depict faces. I guess I was just a little nervous that it wouldn't turn out that well. So, to warm up and get some practice in, I thought it would be cool if I pointillized the members of the Wu-tang Clan. So far, I've made two.
RZA
Ol' Dirty Bastard

Figured that was enough to get started....
Antheny was stoked. 
He's actually letting me ride it currently because my boards broken, I'm broke, and my board sponsor isn't returning my calls. Rad. I might be back shop-deckin' it here pretty soon. Sad face emoticon. 

A couple of weeks ago, I walked into my work and my coworker Rayan asked me "Have you ever seen a Slow Loris?" which I responded "uhhhhhhhhhhh no?" So he pulled up this video...


 ...and said "If you dot this on a deck, I'll pay you for it." So i did. This is how it turned out. 


Aaaaaand I just found out that Thrasher's running a "GRIPTAPE ART" contest that I'm gonna enter in. Wish me luck!!! Hopefully I'll do well. 

So in my last blog that I posted, I shared some photos of a freelance gig that I got modeling a potential skatepark in the Teen Center of my work, the Mukilteo YMCA. It got a great review by my supervisors, and after many emails back and forth, we came up with a final version. 




Now this project is being surveyed and reviewed by the community and hopefully this will get made sometime soon, after it is approved by the city. What excellent practice for getting a roof over the actual skatepark!!! I can't wait till we accomplish that. 
______________________________________________________

I think that's about it for now in the art department. Next up, SKATEBOARDING. I gots a Nomadic Ad and a couple of vids of me goofin off on a skateboard so chickadee check it oot.


This spots right down the street from Marginal Way skatepark. Here's Jordan gettin down on the same spot on the same night with a nosepicker. A big thanks to DANIEL HAGER for shootin this and PAUL BOND for filming. I love goin out and gettin photos then collecting the photos and making ads out them. It's SO FUN. I lub it.


So in my last post, I talked about how I had a whole bunch of fun at a Black Market contest at Seattle Center skatepark. About a week ago my buddy Chris "Deadbeat Panda" Huynh put out an awesome video of the event. He did a rad job putting this one together. The songs filthy too. I got in a few tricks towards the end there.

He also finally put together a short vid of the REDBULL RIVALS contest that I got a couple of tricks in. It was Seattle vs Portland for a cement truck and SEATTLE WON!!!!


Chris shot some photos from this event too. 


Switch back disaster
Iono who this is but he was KILLIN it.
Michael "ZION" Ofriel boooooostin.
Me switch crail revertin 
Ellis uber blunt
Me fakie stail tuckee. I ate shit on one of these sooooooo bad. 
HELL YES.

Another clip came out just recently that I got a few tricks in by north end legend Shane "Sk8rat" Auckland. This guy made a video of most of the skateparks in Snohomish County that ended with a little Mukilteo Wildness. I got a few tricks in along with my coworkers George, Kristin, Jimmy, and Mike. I love skating with those guys. and gal. Always a great time. 


_________________________________________

Usually, every blog that I post has new skating vids/photos, new art that I've made, and a new song that I've composed, but this time around imma haveta post an older track. I totally thought that the most recent song that I've made, "Traditional Medicinals", wasn't posted yet but it turns out I posted it in my last blog. SOOOOOOOO here's a song I made last November. I sampled my dulcimer!!! 


I'm also VERY HYPED on this video of Flying Lotus that I saw on Late Night with Carson Daily. 
So Awesome. Really inspirational. And amazing. 
Don't know about Flying Lotus? Peep.

So goooood. 

I got more tunes in the makin so stay tuned....
 _____________________________________________

Welp, that's about it y'all. Thanks for stoppin by, and I keep you posted on any further developments. Stay classy San De- I mean Seattle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment