Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hokay, so...


Alrighty then. Time for another post. Got a lot more music art and skateboarding to hit u in the dome with so peep game if u down with that old school funkadellic type jibbajabba strait from duh hood type shit naddidiemean? Chea.

But really though. I do gots some thangs to write about. Upcoming artshows, a freelance skatepark design project, skateboard contests, some cool photos, an interview that I was apart of, a new song that I made and much more. Fiiiiirrrrst off, I got a lot more art to show so I guess I'll start off with that. Here's two rhinos that have found themselves next to a river during sunset.
This one was supposed to be a commission piece, but the buyer never got back to me sooooo if you think it might look good on your wall, CLICK BELOW!

Next up is the completion of my 2nd multi-board composition.
 -uno-
-dos-
-tres-
It's a Hermit with a Shotgun! Well, a hermit crab in a shotgun shell to be technically correct.
Ever since my first 3 parter of that sparrow I did a few months ago,  I've been diggin the multi-board compositions. After I finished this piece, I brought it down to Mind Unwind Art Gallery where some of my other work is displayed. Here I am with the owner of the gallery Krystall Kelly and J Conrad Nivens. I'm so happy that I have this opportunity to hang my work in a gallery!!!
Mind Unwind Art Gallery
2206 California Ave SW Seattle, Washington 98116
LIKE 'EM.

Hanyways, I wanted to do another multi-board piece, so I sketched out an idea that I had involving another rhino. In the photo on the right, there's the last board I skated next to my current set-up. I'm super excited to see how this one turns out!!! I thought I'd need 3 boards, but its kinda lookin like I'll be usein 4 or maybe even 5. I guess we'll find out!


Soooo this thing on the right was for my brothers girl friend Emily, who just graduated college a week ago. He wanted me to dot something involving a meerkat and a ballet dancer because those are her two favorite things, so this is what i came up with. I was kickin my ass about the way it turned out but both Jonas and Emily were stoked so i guess its alright. 





One thing that happened this august is I TURNED 24 YEARS OLD. Yikes. I can't even really believe it. I had this plan to fix up my miniramp in my backyard to have another ragin kegger like I did last year, but I couldn't raise enough money to repair it. I need 270 bucks to resurface the ramp, so right now it's kinda out of my price range. Even if it was only 40 bucks I couldn't afford it. So I had an Idea:
                                                                                                                   
I thought that if I took all of the shitty Masonite off of my ramp, I could break it into small pieces and do art on them using mostly sharpies and stencils like these ones. If I made 27 of 'em and sold them for 10 bucks a pop, I could make enough doah to buy Masonite for a new top layer! I got about 15 now, and I plan on making a whoooole bunch more. It'll be dope! Also, just the other day I talked to a coffee shop owner in west seattle about having an art show at her shop, Hotwire, in west seattle. Shes stoked, Im stoked. It's happening either January or March. I can't wait!!! I'll keep everyone posted about it sooooo stay tuned?
A few months ago, I decided I would model the Mukilteo Skatepark with a roof over it because I thought it would be an awesome asset to a promotional fund-raising video to actually cover that amazing skatepark. I showed my boss the work in progress and she was hyped. She showed it to her boss, and I was called into their office to have a meeting about a project that I could help out with. They wanted me to model a potential indoor skatepark that they could put inside of the teencenter. This is how the first draft turned out.
this will be siiiiiiiiiiick.

ON THE SKATEBOARDING FRONT,

There was a contest at SeaSkate on the 11th of august that I blew it at. Iono what was wrong with me. I was havin fun and all, but I wasn't landing shit. Didn't even make it to finals. Oh well. That happens sometimes. I blame it on the stiff ass nikes that I was rockin that day. Anyways, I did get this fakie thruster on the vert wall higher than Ive ever done before so that was rad. Plus I ran into a lot of old friends of mine that I havnt seen in a while. It was a pretty good time.  
A week later, I made up for not skating so well by Charlie Sheening the annual "Delridge Days" contest at delridge skatepark. I had sooo much fun! Thank you so much to everyone who came together to make this happen. It was RAD. Zach Profitt came through and took more amazing photos.
 
Heres me doin a back melon. check the grip y'all!
 me stalefishin
 bubba melonin
 aaron back d'in
adam indyin
kash 3flippin
  
 fetus crookin
pav back shiftyin
 
lil logan poppin ollies
 
joshua methin
finn tuckneeis
marsh gettin buck
steeeeve walkin'
Check the rest of the photos out here:

On the flipside of thaangs in the skateboarding realm, here's a video that my buddy did for his film class a little while ago. I just found out it's on vimeo!  
SPECIAL NOTE: The only nomadic gear I've actually designed that has been already printed is the Skyline Deck graphic, and the wheels. I've put together most of the shirts, but  if youve seen the shirts youll see that all it is logo placement. Other than that, I've edited all of the videos (minus 2 that mark kirkland did) and designed the first website that they had. I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not trying to take credit for other peoples work, that's all. I just found out that I might be apart of the winter line comin' soon so heres a little teaser:
I actually dont know for sure if these will get printed either, but its a start. I guess well see. It's all really up to the owner of the company, Ike. I'll be sure to give a heads up if things work out the way they should :)
Ok, thats about it in the art and skateboarding side of things for now. At least thats all that comes to mind. Lastly, I got a new song. Check it if ya feel like it.

I was just foolin around on the keyboard till i found something worth pursuing. This is what it ended up sounding like.

Well thanks for checkin me out dude or dudedet. Thats all for now. Untill next timee......

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment